Being The Ringmaster Of Your Job In A Recession
Concerned about your job? Who wouldn't be with the continued slumping of the economy and almost daily announcements of more job layoffs. The last thing many of us want is a circus with a work ring and no acts in it.
Salary.com has a good slide show with 10 Tips To Help Recession-Proof Your Job. The tips given in the slide show are:
- Keep your skills current.
- Don't pull a vanishing act. (i.e. Be visible)
- Make yourself indispensable.
- Keep your attitude in check.
- Start networking now.
- Update your resume.
- Finish your degree.
- Broaden, rather than deepen your skills.
- Consider learning a trade or specific skills.
You can find more information on each tip in the slide show.