Determining The Need For An Intermission
I came across this quote the other day:
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.
I thought about the need for an intermission. When I sense something is missing (or amiss), it reminds me of the need to step back, replenish and then move forward more effectively. I started playing with the quote and came up with:
When ____________________, I know the worth of an intermission.
I entered phrases like:
- When my eyes have trouble focusing on the words on a computer screen
- When I get a "short fuse" with people around me (work and/or personal)
- When I don't have a creative thought left within me
- When I start thinking that no one is giving me a standing ovation
- When my lineup keeps getting longer and longer-and I haven't even gotten the first task completed
- When I have given away so much of myself to others that I have nothing left for myself
What are some of the indicators in your work or life that tell you it's time for an intermission?