I Have A Question
You can learn so much by just asking questions:
- If you are stuck for conversation with someone you just met, start asking them questions.
- If you are stuck for conversation with someone you know (especially a teenager), start asking them questions.
- If you are interested in becoming an expert at something, find an expert and start asking questions. Be sincere. Pay attention. Take notes. Find another expert and repeat. Continue to repeat. Look for patterns in their responses and then apply what you have learned.
- If you really want to get to know someone, make a formal list of questions and talk about your answers together. Answer your own questions as part of the conversation. Discuss, debate, agree and/or agree to disagree. (When my wife and I were first married, we would do this when we would go on road trips together.)
- If you don’t know something, don’t be afraid to admit it and ask for help. Seek to understand. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.
What questions should you be asking?